Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cheektowaga, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beautiful waterfalls, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Buffalo Museum of Science, Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin D. Martin House, and Buffalo Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Buffalo
- The closest major airport is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cheektowaga
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and such places to visit as Stiglmeier Park and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve and Environmental Education Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Walden Galleria Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holiday Twin Rinks and Diamond Hawk Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Cheektowaga. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard Buffalo Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport / Galleria Mall - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites Buffalo Airport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Top places to see in the area include Buffalo Museum of Science, located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Darwin D. Martin House, which is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) away.
Dressing for Cheektowaga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 40.47 inches of rain falls on Cheektowaga each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F