Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Lakeway, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants, and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Top sights around the area include Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Zilker Botanical Garden, and Zilker Park.
- You'll find 1389 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lakeway
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake Travis. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lakeway Country Club and Flintrock Falls at The Hills Country Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lakeway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Austin - Lakeway - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lakeway - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Lakeway Resort and Spa - This 4-star resort features a marina, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, 13.6 mi/22 km from the heart of the city, and Zilker Botanical Garden, which is 14.3 mi/23 km away.
Dressing for Lakeway
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 39°F at night
- About 35.51 inches of rain falls on Lakeway each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 40°F