Visitors to Highland are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, lakeside setting, and festivals.
- You'll find 26 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carlyle Lake
- The closest major airport is in St. Louis, MO (STL-Lambert-St. Louis Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Highland
Places to visit in the larger region include Copper Dock Winery, McKendree University, and Villa Marie Winery & Banquet Center. Additionally, you'll find St. Andrew's Episcopal Church and Edwardsville Arts Center in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Baymont by Wyndham Highland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Highland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Highland gets about 41.61 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F