Families will find kid-friendly activities in Aurora, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Chicago Premium Outlets.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aurora
The city's cultural venues include Paramount Theater and Aurora Regional Fire Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Chicago Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hollywood Casino Aurora and Hollywood Casino.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Aurora. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Aurora - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville - Our customers like the pool and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Aurora North - Naperville - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable beds and location.
Top places to see in the area include Rialto Square Theater, 20.5 mi/32.9 km from the city center, and Silver Cross Field, which is 20.6 mi/33.2 km away.
Getting Around Aurora
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Aurora Transportation Center. Aurora might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Aurora
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Aurora is 36.89 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F