Visitors can enjoy all that Ionia has to offer including the restaurants, churches, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and lakeside setting. Top sights in the area include Michigan State Capitol, Impression 5 Science Center, and Spartan Stadium.
- You'll find 54 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lansing
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 25 mi (40.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lansing, MI (LAN-Capital Region Intl.), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ionia
The picturesque setting of Bertha Brock Park and Ionia State Recreation Area exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ionia County Museum and Ionia County Courthouse.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Super 8 by Wyndham Ionia MI - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and room size.
Dressing for Ionia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 35.59 inches of rain falls on Ionia each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F