Visiting Long Key
Visitors to Long Key are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. A top sight in the area is Dolphin Research Center.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Long Key
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Key
The city's sunsets and beaches provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Long Key State Park. Additionally, you'll find Dolphin Research Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Long Key. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Edgewater Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Lime Tree Bay Resort - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, and free breakfast.
- Fiesta Key RV Resort - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers like its location.
Dressing for Long Key
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Long Key gets about 46.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 65°F