Visitors to Layton are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. A top sight in the area is Dolphin Research Center.
- There are 348 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Marathon, FL (MTH-Florida Keys Marathon), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Layton
Dolphin Research Center is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Long Key State Park and Anne's Beach.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lime Tree Bay Resort - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Layton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 64°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 64°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Layton is 46.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 65°F