Visitors to Lockhart are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, architecture, and opera houses. A top sight in the area is San Marcos Premium Outlets.
- You'll find 27 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Luling
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 22.2 mi (35.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lockhart
The city's cultural venues include Caldwell County Museum and Gaslight Baker Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dr. Eugene Clark Library and Lockhart State Park.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Lockhart Hotel & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include San Marcos Premium Outlets, 19.3 mi/31 km from the heart of the city, and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, which is 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away.
Dressing for Lockhart
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 96°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lockhart is 35.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F