Visiting Manitou Springs
History buffs will enjoy exploring Manitou Springs, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and local tours. Top sights in the city include Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings and Garden of the Gods.
- You'll find 567 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Colorado Springs
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 12.3 mi (19.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 49.4 mi (79.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manitou Springs
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Ruxton's Trading Post. The mountain views, gardens, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, Garden of the Gods, and Manitou Incline are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arcade Amusements and Manitou Springs Heritage Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Manitou Springs. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Avenue Hotel Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Cliff House at Pikes Peak - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Magnuson Grand Pikes Peak - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Cave of the Winds, located 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the city center, and United States Olympic Complex, which is 6.6 mi (10.6 km) away.
Dressing for Manitou Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 9°F at night
- About 24.45 inches of rain falls on Manitou Springs each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 10°F