Visiting Woodland Park
Visitors to Woodland Park are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, golf courses, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Pikes Peak, Cave of the Winds, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings.
- You'll find 556 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Colorado Springs
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 40.4 mi (65 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodland Park
Favorite places to visit in the city include Shining Mountain Golf Club, Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center, and North Slope Recreation Area. Additionally, in the area you'll find Pikes Peak and Cave of the Winds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Woodland Park. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pikes Peak Paradise - Woodland Park - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Country Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, 13.6 mi/21.9 km from the heart of the city, and Garden of the Gods, which is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away.
Dressing for Woodland Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Average annual rainfall for Woodland Park is 21.81 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 16°F