Visiting Fort Carson
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Carson has to offer including the restaurants, sporting events, and shopping. Cheyenne Mountain State Park, United States Olympic Complex, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 461 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pueblo, CO (PUB-Pueblo Memorial), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Carson
Cheyenne Mountain State Park, United States Olympic Complex, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Garden of the Gods and Cave of the Winds.
As you plan for your vacation to Fort Carson, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 461 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs is located 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from the heart of Fort Carson. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Colorado Springs can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Colorado Springs North is 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the center of Fort Carson. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Colorado Springs can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and WiFi.
- Cliff House at Pikes Peak is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from central Fort Carson. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Manitou Springs can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Pikes Peak, located 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Fort Carson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Carson is 0.63 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F