Travelers to Secaucus give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. American Lyric Theater, Broadway, and Times Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 287 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jersey City
- The closest major airport is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Secaucus
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Riverbend Wetlands Preserve. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mill Creek Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Meadowlands Exposition Center and Field Station Dinosaurs.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Secaucus. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus/Meadowlands - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include American Lyric Theater, 3.9 mi/6.3 km from the heart of the city, and Broadway, which is 4.3 mi (6.9 km) away.
Getting Around Secaucus
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Frank R. Lautenberg Secaucus Station. Secaucus might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Secaucus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Secaucus is 47.64 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F