Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Carteret, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and bars. Around the area, top sights include Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and Ellis Island.
- You'll find 107 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newark
- The closest major airport is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carteret
A favorite place to visit in the city is Joseph Medwick Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Executive Suites - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Ellis Island, located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city center, and Brooklyn Bridge, which is 15 mi (24.1 km) away.
Dressing for Carteret
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 46.26 inches of rain falls on Carteret each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F