Visiting Montecatini Terme
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Montecatini Terme, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, festivals, and architecture. Ponte della Maddalena, Guinigi Tower, and Piazza dell'Anfiteatro are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodations in Montecatini Terme
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pisa (PSA-Galileo Galilei), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montecatini Terme
The city is notable for landmarks like Terme Excelsior, Terme Leopoldine, and Terme Tettuccio. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza del Popolo and Terme di Montecatini Spa.
In Montecatini Terme, you'll find 98 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Smart Hotel Bartolini - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and bathrooms.
- LHP Hotel Montecatini Palace - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Hotel Terme Tamerici e Principe - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ponte della Maddalena, located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Guinigi Tower, which is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away.
Getting Around Montecatini Terme
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Montecatini Centro Station or Montecatini Terme Monsummano Station. Montecatini Terme might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Montecatini Terme
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Montecatini Terme gets about 31.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 44°F