Travelers to Newport give high marks for the must-see aquarium and seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and breweries. You'll find 2046 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oregon Coast.
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport
Attractions like Oregon Undersea Gardens, Hatfield Marine Science Center, and Oregon State University Marine Science Center are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Don Davis Memorial Park, Nye Beach, and Yaquina Bay Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ripley's Believe It or Not and Pacific Maritime and Heritage Center.
In Newport, there are 143 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Starfish Point - Guests who stay at this 3-star condo in Agate Beach can enjoy access to free parking and a business center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and high-quality beds.
- Little Creek Cove - Our customers love the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this condo. Amenities at this 3-star condo include free WiFi and free parking.
- Inn at Nye Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- About 67.28 inches of rain falls on Newport each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 40°F