Visiting North Oregon Coast
Travelers to North Oregon Coast give high marks for the beaches, must-see aquarium, and abundant cafés. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its shopping, seafood restaurants, and breweries. Top sights in the city include Cannon Beach, Chinook Winds Casino, and Tillamook Cheese Factory.
- You'll find 2691 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oregon Coast
- The closest major airport is in Astoria, OR (AST-Astoria Regional), 44 mi (70.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salem, OR (SLE-McNary Field), 55.6 mi (89.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Oregon Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Whale Watching Center, Seaside Aquarium, and Columbia River Maritime Museum. Attractions like Tillamook Cheese Factory, Seaside Family Fun Park, and Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Haystack Rock, Lewis and Clark Salt Works, and Astoria Column.
In North Oregon Coast, you'll find 2169 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Stephanie Inn - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Whale Cove Inn - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Cannery Pier Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in North Oregon Coast include Cannon Beach, Chinook Winds Casino, and Rockaway Beach.
Dressing for North Oregon Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- North Oregon Coast gets about 88.07 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F