Visiting Niagara Falls, USA
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Niagara Falls, USA, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, casinos, and local tours. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its riverfront, restaurants, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Niagara Falls State Park, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Niagara Falls, USA
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Niagara Falls, USA
Cultural venues in the city include Niagara Adventure Theater, Niagara Wax Museum of History, and Polly King Art Gallery. Favorite family attractions include Aquarium of Niagara and Martin's Fantasy Island. The city is notable for landmarks like Rainbow Bridge, Old Falls Street, and Observation Tower.
In Niagara Falls, USA, you'll find 119 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Giacomo, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Niagara Falls can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Niagara Falls New York - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Downtown Niagara Falls can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Grand Island - Niagara Falls - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Niagara Falls, USA include Niagara Falls State Park, American Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls. Outside the city, popular places to see include Casino Niagara, located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, which is 0.7 mi (1.2 km) away.
Getting Around Niagara Falls, USA
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Niagara Falls Station or Niagara Falls Station. Niagara Falls, USA might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Niagara Falls, USA
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 34.97 inches of rain falls on Niagara Falls, USA each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F