Families will find kid-friendly activities in Castaic, and visitors give high marks for the theme park and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting, restaurants, and shopping. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castaic
The mountain views and lakeside exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Castaic Lake and Los Padres National Forest. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Magic Mountain in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Castaic Inn Near Six Flags Magic Mountain - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Dressing for Castaic
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Castaic gets about 0.51 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F