Visiting Cockspur Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Cockspur Island has to offer including the monuments and breweries. Coligny Beach, River Street, and Forsyth Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4082 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cockspur Island
The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Pulaski National Monument, Battery Hambright, and Cockspur Island Lighthouse. The picturesque setting of Tybee Roads and Calibogue Sound exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Coligny Beach and River Street.
As you start planning your visit to Cockspur Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 940 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Tybee is 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the center of Cockspur Island. This 2.5-star hotel in Tybee Island features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and a poolside bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort is located 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the heart of Cockspur Island. This 4-star resort in Hilton Head Island features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island is 13 mi (20.9 km) from central Cockspur Island. This 4-star resort in Hilton Head Island features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Popular places to see around the area include Forsyth Park, 12 mi/19.3 km from the city center, and Tybee Island Beach, which is 3.8 mi (6.1 km) away.