Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Harvey, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Around the area, top sights include McCormick Place, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, and Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harvey
A couple of favorite places to visit are Harvey Public Library and Harvey Community Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find McCormick Place and Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Quality Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center, and Toyota Park, which is 13.1 mi/21 km away.
Getting Around Harvey
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Harvey Station or Harvey 147th Street-Sibley Boulevard Station. Harvey might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Harvey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Harvey gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F