Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Lansing, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and casinos. Top sights around the area include Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre and Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 33.7 mi (54.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lansing
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Lansing Square Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Lan-Oak Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Lansing. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago South Lansing - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Suites Lansing - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn Lansing - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit in the area include Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, 11.7 mi/18.8 km from the city center, and Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, which is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) away.
Dressing for Lansing
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Lansing each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F