Visiting Madison Heights
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Madison Heights, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Detroit Zoo, Motown Historical Museum, and Detroit Institute of Arts.
- You'll find 355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Detroit
- The closest major airport is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madison Heights
A favorite place to visit in the city is Red Oaks Waterpark. Additionally, in the area you'll find Detroit Zoo and Motown Historical Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Madison Heights. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Detroit/Madison Heights/South Troy - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Baymont by Wyndham Madison Heights Detroit Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Detroit Institute of Arts, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center, and Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History, which is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away.
Dressing for Madison Heights
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Madison Heights gets about 31.85 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F