Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Newport
4.5/5Wonderful!(118 area reviews)
While visiting Yachting Village, you might make a stop by sights like Thames Street and Newport Harbour.
4.5/5Wonderful!(127 area reviews)
While visiting Historic Hill, you might make a stop by sights like Old Stone Mill and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum.
5/5Exceptional!(6 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Fifth Ward, Fort Adams State Park and Thames Street are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(36 area reviews)
You'll enjoy the cafés and live music in Ocean Drive. You might want to make time for a stop at Fort Adams State Park or Newport Country Club.
If you're spending some time in The Dumplings, Fort Wetherill State Park and Fort Weatherill are top sights worth seeing.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Newport, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. Top sights in the city include Touro Synagogue, International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum, and Naval War College Museum.
- There are 258 hotels and other accommodations in Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 8.9 mi (14.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newport
Cultural venues in the city include International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum, Naval War College Museum, and Beechwood Mansion. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Touro Synagogue, Fort Adams State Park, and The Breakers. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Easton's Beach, Newport Harbour, and King Park.
In Newport, you'll be able to select from 258 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Town & Tide Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Ocean Romance Dockside B and B Yacht Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other top sights in Newport include Rough Point and Newport Mansions. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Buttonwood Park Zoo, located 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city center, and Roger Williams Park Zoo, which is 21.4 mi (34.4 km) away.
Dressing for Newport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 48.46 inches of rain falls on Newport each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Newport?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Newport, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Newport?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Newport?
Where is the best place to stay in Ocean Drive?
What's a favorite place to stay in Cliff Walk?
What's the best accommodation for families in Newport?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Newport?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Newport?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Newport Mansions?
What about the best place to stay near The Breakers?
Recent reviews of Newport hotels
More trip options
- Newport Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Newport Airports
- Hotels in Newport Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Newport Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Newport
- More Hotel Options in Newport
- More Popular Hotels in Rhode Island
- Other Hotels near Newport, Rhode Island
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends