Visitors to Westchester are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its basketball games. Top sights around the area include Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Wrigley Field.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 9 mi (14.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Westchester
Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Wrigley Field are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Millennium Park and McCormick Place.
As you make plans for a getaway to Westchester, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 141 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Congress Plaza Hotel is 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the center of Westchester. This 2.5-star hotel in Westchester features free breakfast, a fitness center, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Warwick Allerton - Chicago is 14.1 mi (22.6 km) from central Westchester. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Palmer House a Hilton Hotel is located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of Westchester. This 4-star hotel in Chicago features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include John Hancock Center, located 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Brookfield Zoo, which is 3.3 mi/5.4 km away.
Dressing for Westchester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.89 inches of rain falls on Westchester each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F