Visitors can enjoy all that Powhatan has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Powhatan
Places to visit in the larger region include J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, Clover Forest Plantation, and Windy Hill Sports. In the area, you'll also find Morefield Gem Mine and Amelia County Court House.
As you plan for your vacation to Powhatan, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 82 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Graduate Richmond is 26.8 mi (43.1 km) from the center of Powhatan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Richmond can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64 is 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from central Powhatan. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Glen Allen can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Clarion Hotel Central is located 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the heart of Powhatan. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Richmond can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 25.2 mi/40.6 km from the city center, and Children's Museum of Richmond, which is 25.6 mi/41.1 km away.
Dressing for Powhatan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 45.24 inches of rain falls on Powhatan each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F