Visitors to Sandwich are sure to enjoy the seafood restaurants, gardens, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Plymouth Rock, Mayflower II, and Cape Cod Museum of Art.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Sandwich
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 11 mi (17.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth, MA (PYM-Plymouth Municipal), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandwich
Cultural venues in the city include Heritage Museums and Gardens, Thornton W. Burgess Museum, and Sandwich Glass Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hoxie House and Thomas Dexter's Grist Mill. The city's gardens and beaches provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Sandwich Boardwalk.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Sandwich. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sandwich Inn and Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Belfry Inn & Bistro - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, a bar, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to visit outside the city include Plymouth Rock, located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Mayflower II, which is 18.8 mi (30.2 km) away.
Dressing for Sandwich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Sandwich gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F