Families will find kid-friendly activities in Harvey, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, casinos, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, National World War II Museum, and Audubon Park.
- You'll find 1324 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Harvey
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Manhattan Plaza Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Boomtown Casino to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Harvey. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Express Harvey-Marrero - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Westbank - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center, and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, which is 5 mi/8.1 km away.
Dressing for Harvey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 66.61 inches of rain falls on Harvey each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F