Find Hotels in Tokyo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 8, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Tokyo
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,072 area reviews)
This major ward of Tokyo offers a variety of opportunities, from skyline views to trendy restaurants, to its large, peaceful park.
4.5/5Wonderful!(202 area reviews)
This small area, located in Urayasu just outside of Tokyo, is best known as the gateway to Japan’s wildly popular Tokyo Disney Resort.
4.5/5Wonderful!(563 area reviews)
Step from Tokyo’s busiest train station into streets filled with endless shopping and dining options and the largest concentration of “love hotels” in the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(389 area reviews)
Named after a silver-coin mint, this district has a long association with affluence. Today it’s where you’ll find some of Japan’s most upmarket labels, restaurants and galleries.
5/5Exceptional!(156 area reviews)
Follow the footsteps of centuries of worshippers along a street filled with traditional snack stalls and through the gates of one of Tokyo’s most popular temples.
Travelers to Tokyo give high marks for the temples, fascinating museums, and important monuments. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, architecture, and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Kabuki-za Theatre, Tokyo Imperial Palace, and National Diet Building.
- There are 1862 hotels and other accommodations in Tokyo
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 35.9 mi (57.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tokyo
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Kabuki-za Theatre, Tokyo Imperial Palace, and Mori Art Museum. Attractions like Tokyo Tower, KidZania Tokyo, and Tokyo Sea Life Park are fun for kids of all ages. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Yasukuni Shrine, Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, and Meiji Jingu Shrine.
In Tokyo, you'll find 1862 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Palace Hotel Tokyo - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Chiyoda can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 7 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to shopping.
- Karaksa hotel premier Tokyo Ginza - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to public transit at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Shiodome can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Mokkoan - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Kita can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Tokyo include National Diet Building, Imperial Palace Garden, and Nippon Budokan. Top places to visit in the area include Kawasaki Daishi, 9.9 mi/15.9 km from the city center, and Museum of Japanese Houses, which is 12 mi/19.3 km away.
Getting Around Tokyo
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Tokyo is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Hibiya Station, Yurakucho Station, and Ginza-Itchome Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Tokyo Yurakucho Station, Tokyo Station, or Tokyo Shimbashi Station.
Dressing for Tokyo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Tokyo gets about 61.68 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Tokyo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tokyo, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Tokyo?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Tokyo?
Where is the best place to stay in Shinjuku?
What's a favorite place to stay in Shibuya?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Tokyo?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Tokyo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Tokyo?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Tokyo Dome?
What about the best place to stay near Nippon Budokan?
Recent reviews of Tokyo hotels
More trip options
- Tokyo Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Tokyo Airports
- Hotels in Tokyo Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Tokyo Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Tokyo
- More Hotel Options in Tokyo
- Tokyo Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Tokyo
- Other Hotels near Tokyo, Tokyo
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends