Visiting Whitefish Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Whitefish Bay has to offer including the gardens, soccer matches, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Milwaukee Art Museum, Charles Allis Art Museum, and Discovery World.
- There are 189 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Milwaukee, WI (MKE-General Mitchell Intl.), 12 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Waukesha, WI (UES-Waukesha County), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitefish Bay
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Milwaukee Art Museum, Charles Allis Art Museum, and Discovery World. In the area, you'll also find Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory and Miller Park.
As you start planning your visit to Whitefish Bay, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 113 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Charming Mediterranean Style Home in Whitefish Bay is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from central Whitefish Bay. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Milwaukee can enjoy access to a casino and 7 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino is located 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the heart of Whitefish Bay. This 3-star hotel in Milwaukee features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Milwaukee is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the center of Whitefish Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Milwaukee can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Whitefish Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Average annual rainfall for Whitefish Bay is 31.93 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F