Visiting St. Charles
Families will find kid-friendly activities in St. Charles, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, live music, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Chicago Premium Outlets.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Charles
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Dellora A. Norris Cultural Arts Center, Arcada Theater, and Beith House Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Charlestowne Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Kane County Fairgrounds to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in St. Charles. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Chicago Saint Charl - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard Chicago St. Charles - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Chicago Premium Outlets, located 8.9 mi (14.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for St. Charles
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for St. Charles is 36.89 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F