Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2020
Visitors to Colico are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, churches, and spas. Top sights around the area include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Colico
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 24 mi (38.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Milan (LIN-Linate), 46.2 mi (74.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Colico
The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Montecchio, Fort Fuentes, and Piona Abbey. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Piona Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Garibaldi Square and Abbey of Piona.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Colico. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Lago di Como - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- Seven Park Hotel - Our customers like the pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Aurora - This 1-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Villa Melzi, located 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center, and Villa Carlotta, which is 11.9 mi/19.1 km away.
Getting Around Colico
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Colico Station or Piona Station. Colico may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Colico
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Colico each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F