Visitors can enjoy all that Harvard has to offer including the restaurants and monuments. The culturally-rich and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 55 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rockford
- The closest major airport is in Rockford, IL (RFD-Greater Rockford), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Harvard
Places to visit in the larger region include Yerkes Observatory, Black Point Estate, and Emricson Park. In the area, you'll also find McHenry County Courthouse and Williams Bay Beach.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Baymont by Wyndham Harvard - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value.
Getting Around Harvard
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Harvard Station. Harvard might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Harvard
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 12°F as the nighttime average
- Harvard gets about 33.82 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F