Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glenview, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and sporting events. Wrigley Field, John Hancock Center, and Willis Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glenview
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Glen Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gallery Park and The Glen Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Glenview. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Glen Club - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Staybridge Suites Chicago - Glenview - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Glenview/Northbrook - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and room size.
Popular places to visit in the area include Wrigley Field, located 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the heart of the city, and John Hancock Center, which is 16.2 mi/26.1 km away.
Getting Around Glenview
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Glenview Station. Glenview might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Glenview
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.83 inches of rain falls on Glenview each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F