Visiting Crystal Lake
Visitors to Crystal Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, sporting events, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crystal Lake
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Crystal Court Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Crystal Lake Park and Crystal Lake City Hall.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Crystal Lake, IL - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Crystal Lake
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Crystal Lake Station or Crystal Lake Pingree Road Station. Crystal Lake may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Crystal Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Crystal Lake gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F