Visitors can enjoy all that Wauconda has to offer including the shopping, parks, and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wauconda
A couple of favorite places to visit are Cook Memorial Park and Wauconda Village Hall. Additionally, you'll find Six Flags Great America in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Wauconda, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- THE Lake House AT Bangs Lake is 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the center of Wauconda. This 2.5-star hotel in Arlington Heights features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Arlington Heights - O'Hare is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from central Wauconda. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Arlington Heights can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport is located 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the heart of Wauconda. This 2.5-star hotel in Elk Grove Village features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Wauconda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Wauconda gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F