Visitors can enjoy all that Hawthorne has to offer including its parks. Top sights around the area include Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, Florida Museum of Natural History, and Kanapaha Botanical Gardens.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gainesville
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hawthorne
A favorite place to visit in the city is Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings State Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park and Florida Museum of Natural History.
As you plan your trip to Hawthorne, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 90 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Yearling Restaurant and Cabins is 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from central Hawthorne. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Gainesville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
- Private Lake 39 ft RV 2 Bed/2 Bath Sleeps 10 is located 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the heart of Hawthorne. This 4-star hotel in Gainesville features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free valet parking. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Lakefront Log Home, Screened Solar Heated Pool, Hot Tub & Recreation House is 2 mi (3.2 km) from the center of Hawthorne. This 3-star hotel in Gainesville features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, 19.5 mi/31.4 km from the heart of the city, and Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, which is 24.7 mi/39.7 km away.
Dressing for Hawthorne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 47.28 inches of rain falls on Hawthorne each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F