Visitors can enjoy all that Waldo has to offer including the live music and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Florida Museum of Natural History.
- You'll find 87 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gainesville
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waldo
Florida Museum of Natural History is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Waldo Motorsports and Gainesville Raceway in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Waldo Inn and Suites - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
Dressing for Waldo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Waldo is 52.24 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 42°F