Visiting Raccoon Key
Visitors can enjoy all that Raccoon Key has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Top sights around the area include Key West Art and Historical Society, Smathers Beach, and South Beach.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Raccoon Key
- The closest major airport is in Key West, FL (EYW-Key West Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Raccoon Key
A favorite place to visit in the city is Key West Naval Station. Additionally, in the area you'll find Key West Art and Historical Society and Smathers Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Raccoon Key. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Real World MTV House---not Just a House Your Own Private Resort is located in the heart of Raccoon Key. Located in Key West, this vacation home features a private pool, a kitchen, and a balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable beds.
- Plumeria Paradise - Your Key West Private Poolside Paradise is located within 0.2 mi (0.4 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Key West can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Estate Home On The Water With Private Pool. Bring Your Boat! is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Key West can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include South Beach, 4.5 mi/7.2 km from the city center, and Duval Street, which is 4.5 mi (7.3 km) away.
Dressing for Raccoon Key
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 64°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 78°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Raccoon Key gets about 39.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 65°F