Families enjoy visiting Sandy though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, shopping, and riverfront.
- You'll find 73 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mt. Hood
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandy
A couple of favorite places to visit are Sandy Actors Theatre and Jonsrud Viewpoint. Additionally, you'll find Milo Mclver State Park and Shepperd's Dell State Natural Area in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sandy. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ivy Bear B&P - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Sandy Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights outside the city is End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, 22.1 mi/35.5 km from the city center.
Dressing for Sandy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sandy is 46.89 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F