Visitors to Benicia are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, sporting events, and festivals. Top sights around the area include Lafayette Gallery, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord, and Tilden Regional Park.
- You'll find 70 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fairfield
- The closest major airport is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Benicia
The city's cultural venues include Benicia Fire Museum and Benicia Historical Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Benicia Clock Tower. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Benicia Arsenal Post Cemetery and Benicia State Recreation Area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Benicia. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Benicia - Our customers like the central location and quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Union Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to see in the area include Lafayette Gallery, located 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city center, and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Dressing for Benicia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Benicia gets about 19.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F