Find Hotels in Venice
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 16, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
Where to stay in Venice
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,933 area reviews)
One of Venice’s most iconic sights is known all over the world for its historic square, cathedral and surrounding shops and cafés.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,000 area reviews)
Known for its Jewish heritage, medieval churches and palaces, one of Venice's largest districts has plenty to discover.
4.5/5Wonderful!(666 area reviews)
Castello is beloved for its popular shops. Take some time to explore sights in the area like Giardini della Biennale and Venetian Arsenal.
4.5/5Wonderful!(423 area reviews)
One of six districts in Venice, this beautiful area has many sights located along the edge of Venice and on the island of Giudecca.
4.5/5Wonderful!(658 area reviews)
Santa Croce is known for its charming cafés, and you can make a stop by Piazzale Roma and Grand Canal while in the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Venice, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, architecture, and cafés. Top sights in the city include St. Mark's Square, St Mark's Campanile, and St. Mark's Basilica.
- There are 3286 hotels and other accommodations in Venice
- The closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include La Fenice Opera House, Peggy Guggenheim Museum, and Academy Gallery. Notable for its cathedral, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include St. Mark's Square, St Mark's Campanile, and St. Mark's Basilica. The city's natural beauty is on display at Grand Canal, Giardini della Biennale, and Bacino San Marco.
In Venice, there are 3286 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Santa Croce Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star property in Santa Croce can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Ca Maria Adele - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this townhouse accommodation. With a stay at this townhouse accommodation in Dorsoduro, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Liassidi Wellness Suites - This 4-star hotel in Castello features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a café. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Venice include Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs, and Basilica of St Mary of Health. Outside the city, top places to visit include Sea Life Jesolo, located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city center, and Scrovegni Chapel, which is 22.3 mi/35.9 km away.
Getting Around Venice
With so many transportation options, seeing Venice is simple. Head to Mestre Centro B1 for metro transit. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Venice Santa Lucia Station, Porto Marghera Station, or Venice-Mestre Station.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 32.70 inches of rain falls on Venice each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Venice?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Venice, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Venice?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Venice?
Where is the best place to stay in San Marco?
What's a favorite place to stay in Cannaregio?
What's the best hotel for families in Venice?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation in Venice?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Venice?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to St. Mark's Square?
What about the best place to stay near Grand Canal?
Recent reviews of Venice hotels
More trip options
- Venice Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Venice Airports
- Hotels in Venice Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Venice Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Venice
- More Hotel Options in Venice
- Venice Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Veneto
- Other Hotels near Venice, Veneto
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends