Families will find kid-friendly activities in Alcoa, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its mountain views, shopping, and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Sunsphere Tower, Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, and Ijams Nature Center.
- You'll find 172 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Knoxville
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alcoa
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sunsphere Tower, Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, and Ijams Nature Center. Additionally, you'll find Knoxville Zoological Gardens in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Alcoa. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Marriott Knox Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Knoxville - Airport - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Alcoa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- About 47.87 inches of rain falls on Alcoa each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F