Visitors to Avondale are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, shopping, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Audubon Park, and National World War II Museum.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Avondale
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Avondale
A favorite place to visit in the city is TPC Louisiana. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Audubon Park.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Avondale - New Orleans - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include National World War II Museum, located 7.9 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, which is 8.1 mi (13 km) away.
Dressing for Avondale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Avondale gets about 62.52 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F