Find Hotels in Cartagena
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $27
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 14, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Where to stay in Cartagena
Cartagena Walled City
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,184 area reviews)
Cartagena Walled City is known for its ample dining options, and you can make a stop by Clock Tower and Puerta del Reloj while in the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(928 area reviews)
Bocagrande is known for its stunning beaches, and with sights like Bocagrande Beach and Rio Cartagena Casino, you won't get bored spending a day wandering around this part of Cartagena.
4/5Very Good!(157 area reviews)
The beaches and abundant dining options are top of the list for many visitors to La Boquilla. A stop by La Boquilla Beach or Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary might round out your trip.
Unique features of Centro include the museums and historic sites. Make a stop by Cartagena Cathedral or Plaza Santo Domingo while you're exploring the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cartagena, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, local tours, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés, live music, and museums. Top sights in the city include Puerta del Reloj, San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, and San Felipe de Barajas Castle.
- There are 1153 hotels and other accommodations in Cartagena
- The closest major airport is in Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartagena
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Palace of the Inquisition Cartagena Historical Museum, Simon Bolivar House and Museum, and Caribbean Naval Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Puerta del Reloj, San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, and San Felipe de Barajas Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Isla Grande Beach, Bocagrande Beach, and Castillo Grande Beach.
In Cartagena, you'll find 1153 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Casa San Agustin - This 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Hotel Quadrifolio - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Casa Don Sancho by Mustique - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its walkable location.
Other favorite sights in Cartagena include Jaime Moron Stadium, San Fernando Fort, and Clock Tower.
Dressing for Cartagena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cartagena is 2.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Cartagena?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cartagena, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Cartagena?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Cartagena?
Where is the best place to stay in Cartagena Walled City?
What's a favorite place to stay in Bocagrande?
What's the best place to stay for families in Cartagena?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Cartagena?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Cartagena?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Cartagena?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Bocagrande Beach?
Recent reviews of Cartagena hotels
More trip options
- Cartagena Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cartagena Airports
- Hotels in Cartagena Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Cartagena Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cartagena
- More Hotel Options in Cartagena
- Cartagena Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Bolivar
- Other Hotels near Cartagena, Bolivar
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends