Visiting Cortina d'Ampezzo
Visitors to Cortina d'Ampezzo are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Kronplatz 2000 Gondola and Brunico Castles.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- The closest major airport is in Bolzano (BZO), 38.7 mi (62.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cortina d'Ampezzo
Cultural venues in the city include Mario Rimoldi Modern Art Museum, Ethnographic Museum Regole d'Ampezzo, and Ossuary of Pocol. The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Pianozes, Dolomites Falconry, and Lake Federa. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Faloria Cable Car, Cortina-Col Druscie Cable Car, and Col Druscie-Ra Valles Cable Car are favorite sights to visit.
In Cortina d'Ampezzo, you'll find 70 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Rosapetra Spa Resort - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with a private pool.
- Savoia Palace - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its location.
Popular places to see in the area include Kronplatz 2000 Gondola, 18.7 mi/30 km from the heart of the city, and Brunico Castles, which is 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Dressing for Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 60°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 51°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cortina d'Ampezzo is 1.22 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 61°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F