Visiting Foster City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Foster City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Mavericks, Computer History Museum, and Twin Peaks.
- You'll find 565 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Foster City
The city's natural beauty is on display at Erckenbrack Park, Leo J. Ryan Park, and San Francisco Bay. Additionally, you might want to add Mariners Point Golf Center to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott San Mateo Foster City - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Mavericks, located 13.3 mi (21.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Computer History Museum, which is 15 mi/24.1 km away.
Dressing for Foster City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.12 inches of rain falls on Foster City each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F