Visiting Freeport's Nautical Mile
Visitors can enjoy all that Freeport's Nautical Mile has to offer including the seaside, restaurants, and casinos. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park.
- There are 320 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 10.6 mi (17 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 10.7 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport's Nautical Mile
A couple of favorite places to visit are Crow's Nest Mini Golf and Sea Breeze Waterfront Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Long Beach and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
As you plan your vacation to Freeport's Nautical Mile, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 52 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Great Family-style Dormitory Just 3 Blocks From Freeport's Nautical Mile! is located 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the heart of Freeport's Nautical Mile. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in East Elmhurst can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from central Freeport's Nautical Mile. This 3.5-star hotel in Jamaica features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Radisson Hotel JFK Airport is 11.6 mi (18.7 km) from the center of Freeport's Nautical Mile. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Fresh Meadows can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Belmont Park, located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Freeport's Nautical Mile
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Freeport's Nautical Mile is 42.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F