Visiting Las Cruces
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Las Cruces, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights in the city include Western Playland Amusement Park, White Sands National Monument, and Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino.
- There are 85 hotels and other accommodations in Las Cruces
- The closest major airport is in El Paso, TX (ELP-El Paso Intl.), 46.4 mi (74.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 55.5 mi (89.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Las Cruces
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Las Cruces Museum of Art, Las Cruces Museum of Fine Arts and Culture, and New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum. Favorite family attractions include Western Playland Amusement Park and War Eagles Air Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mesilla Valley Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Las Cruces, you'll be able to select from 85 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Las Cruces I - 25 North - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Las Cruces - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Other top sights in Las Cruces include White Sands National Monument and Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino.
Dressing for Las Cruces
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.43 inches of rain falls on Las Cruces each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F