Visiting Redondo Beach
Travelers to Redondo Beach give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Sony Pictures Studios, and RMS Queen Mary.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Redondo Beach
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Vincent Park, Seaside Lagoon, and Torrance Beach. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and biking, while King Harbor Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are International Boardwalk and Redondo Beach Pier.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Redondo Beach. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Shade Hotel Redondo Beach - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Redondo Beach - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Los Angeles Redondo Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and room size.
Popular places to see in the area include Venice Beach, located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 11.9 mi (19.2 km) away.
Dressing for Redondo Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Redondo Beach is 13.78 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F