Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hawthorne, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. Sony Pictures Studios, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica Pier are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2644 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hawthorne
Sony Pictures Studios, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica Pier are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Dolby Theater and TCL Chinese Theatre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hawthorne. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach LAX - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
- Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport/Hawthorne - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in LAX Area features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Airport - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in LAX Area can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Hollywood Walk of Fame, located 13.1 mi (21 km) from the heart of the city, and Citadel Outlets, which is 13.1 mi/21.1 km away.
Dressing for Hawthorne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- About 13.23 inches of rain falls on Hawthorne each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 49°F